Anand – is a district in Gujarat and popular because of the Amul Plant. One can give all the credit to Amul for bringing this little district of Gujarat to the world Map.
If you are in the city, then definitely take a trip to the plant where you get to see how the different products are being made. I heard a lot about visiting the Amul Plant, but could never make it, though I have spent almost all my time in Gujarat and have been living in Vadodara since last 10 years now.
Visiting Amul Plant:
- Timings: 2-4 PM ( All days)
- No Bags/luggages are allowed inside the Plant. You cannot take the cameras in or click pictures with mobile. They will make you keep your bag at the security check post office. So ensure to not carry any valuable items as there are no lockers.
- It took us around 30-40 minutes to go through the plant. They have employees who will guide you in and explain the products processes.
- There is a Musuem which has a photo Gallery and a Auditorium inside the campus.
- One can also visit the Chocolate Factory at the Mogar Plant. Ensure to take the permission well in advance from the Amul Plant if you plan to see the Chocolate Plant as they don’t allow inside without the approval.
- More information is available at the Amul website.
I also went to see the Sardar Patel University and the Shastri Maidan.